Galleria il Ponte su Facebook
Galleria il Ponte su Twitter
Galleria il Ponte su Pinterest

the gallery

Galleria_interno.JPG
SP_6.jpg
1665.jpg
_0SC8139.jpg

Galleria Il Ponte was founded in 1965 in San Giovanni Valdarno, fruit of the copperplate engraver Vincenzo Alibrandi’s passion for contemporary art. It has occupied in its current location in Florence since 1977, and is now run by Andrea Alibrandi.

In the course of the last forty years, Galleria Il Ponte has presented a wide but select nucleus of artists whose work spans the entire twentieth century, from masters such as De Pisis, Sironi, Soffici and Rosai, to the first exponents of Informal Art such as Afro and Mirko Basaldella, Arturo Carmassi, Pietro Consagra, Mattia Moreni and Giulio Turcato, and other artists who are lesser known to the public but whose work is of outstanding quality, such as Giulia Napoleone and Mauro Betti.

Side by side with the gallery’s exhibition activities, a lively publishing effort has taken off, publishing art books and catalogues whose writing and design is of extremely high quality.

In 2003, the space was totally refurbished, in tune with a desire to move the gallery’s activities to the predominantly contemporary sphere. This new page in the gallery’s life opened with an important show dedicated to Michelangelo Pistoletto’s Mirrored Surfaces, followed by shows by Joe Tilson, Mauro Staccioli, Renato Ranaldi, Hidetoshi Nagasawa, Giuseppe Spagnulo…

Jump to this page top | Back to previous page |